The girliest geek you'll ever meet.

Friday, November 24, 2006

This is for you, Chrissyfur.

I don't think anyone checks this blog, except for Brunner. My current computer situation just doesn't lend itself well to blogging, but I'll try to do it at least once every few months. :)

Today's the day after Thanksgiving, and we're in Portland with Eric's family. We're avoiding the crazy shopping day, so we went to Chez Machin for brunch. We each had yummy savory ham/egg/tomato/mozzarella crepes, and then we shared a delicious apple-pie-like crepe for dessert. Eric's now watching the football game while I draft my fantasy Congress team and try to take a nap. I take it back, there's no way I'll sneak a nap in with Eric hitting me every time something annoying happens with the Ducks. I'm trying to get him to redirect that rage into rubbing my foot instead of punching my shin.

Do you ever go out shopping on the day after Thanksgiving? Is it worth the craziness, or is the craziness part of the tradition and fun memories? I just don't think I could ever want cheap socks enough to go to Fred Meyer's at 5am. I'd rather go sockless, if it came to that.

We're here until Saturday morning, when we'll go home and I can play Neverwinter Nights 2 for the rest of the weekend. NWN2 may be buggy and graphically unexciting, but the story and quest possibilities have caught my interest and imagination in a way that hasn't happened in a long time. I may be more open to console games these days, but there will always be a special place in my heart for good old PC point-and-click story-based games.

One last note... the Wii was a big hit with the cousins yesterday. The Wii Sports games are so intuitive; we played several 4-player games of bowling and golf with little to no ramp-up. Even game-phobic family members were intrigued by figuring out how to swing the "golf club." Nintendo's strategy of emphasizing accessibility and affordability over cutting-edge graphics is genius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home